DeviCore BBT — Efficiency and reliability all in one
The kit includes two DeviCore BBT probes and a core barrel extension and is ready to be assembled on the drilling equipment on site.
DeviCore BBT comes equipped with the IP67 rated Nomad PDA system and DeviSoft.Mobile software. The operation follows a clear step-by-step procedure, and one probe can be started and downloaded while the other is down in the hole.
DeviCore BBT uses three high-accuracy accelerometers, it measures inclination, orientation, gravity vector, temperature and battery status, and offers quality control on the results.
Communication between DeviCore BBT and the PDA is done wirelessly via Brilliant Blue Technology.
The DeviCore BBT now offers a patent pending optional scriber that allows for continuous marking of the core during the drilling process. This continuous core orientation (CCO) ensures that all pieces of the core can be oriented quickly and efficiently, and increases the geological information that can be extracted further.
Using Devico’s CCO system offers the following advantages:
- No interruption of the drilling cycle, i.e.
- Cost effective with Sale & Rental available
- Regular readings and Dip control every time with scriber line on core
- Accurate orientations and inclination
- Effective in a broad range of ground types and core breaks
- Provides high orientation accuracy from 0° to +/-88° + dip
- Digital data recorded for use in analyses at a later time
- Weight [kg/lbs]: 3.9/8.6 (NWL)
- Diameter [mm/in]*: –
- Length [mm/in]: 410/16.1 (NWL)
- Memory [readings]: 5000
- Operational temperature: -10/+60 °C
- Pressure [bar/psi]: 300/4350
- Magnetic: No
- Running gear: Integrated
- Inclination accuracy: ±0.1°
- Orientation accuracy: ±0.5°
- Toolface accuracy: ±0.2°
- Temperature: Recorded
- Inclination range: -90°− +90°
- Orientation range: 0° − ±88° dip
- Sum inclination: No
- Battery data: 2x 3.6V Lithium, or 2x 1.5V AA Alkaline
- Battery capacity**: 450 hours
- Data communication: Wireless
- Baud rate: 115000 bps
- Main area of use: Core/Tool orientation
*Available in BWL, BWLTK, NWL, NWLTK, HWL, PWL, ++
**With 5 second time interval